Hello, most patient people! This post is long overdue. At the end of July of 2013, I was lucky enough to go to my first IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show) in Vancouver, BC. I picked up some things I had wanted to try for a very long time and something awesome came out of my attendance - we'll talk about that in a bit.
The show itself was more condensed than I had imagined, but that made it easier to navigate and I wasn't too overwhelmed. I was able to peruse each booth without the impending sense that I'd run out of time. There was glitter and eyelashes and body paint and oh, it was magical.
Airbrush makeup being applied for a student competition
Free Starbucks/average white girl instagram
Chalk drawing by a street artist in downtown Vancouver
Contest that I happened to have won, WOOPS keep reading
During my trip I not only was able to purchase some lemmings of mine at IMATS, but I also got to stop by the only MAC PRO store in the Western half of the country, and I discovered my first Ulta! It was in Idaho, between an Olive Garden and a Bed Bath and Beyond. America.
Something else that was very special - moments before leaving IMATS to begin the drive back home, I ran into Kevin James Bennett. He complimented my ombre lip and I wanted to cry. BUT I DIDN'T, and I got a picture with him.
And of course, the haul! This is the combination of everything from IMATS, MAC, Ulta and Target.
Here's a list of everything shown, clockwise from left to right:
- Synthetic Brow/Lash Groomer - SILK Pro by Royal and Langnickel
- #958 Duofiber Powder Blending Brush - bdellium tools
- Cinema Secrets Velour Puff
- 2 large Z-Palettes
- Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap (Unscented Hemp)
- Naked Cosmetics Ivory Pigment Stack
- Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre
- Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion
- Ben Nye Bruise Wheel/Creme Foundation Sample
- 2 Beauty Blenders
- DUO Lash Adhesive in Dark
- Beauty So Clean Conditioning Brush Cleaner (cupcake-scented)
- Graftobian HD Glamour Creme Foundation in Ivory
- Velour "Complete Me" Lashes
- small metal palette from Nigel Beauty Emporium
- Red Cherry Lashes in #43
- Morphe eyeshadow singles in ES28 (true matte black), ES42 (electric blue with shimmer), and ES61 (light golden brown)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Hypercolour Hair/Brow Powder in In The Pink
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15
- Max Fix+
- Urban Decay DeSlick Setting Spray
- Maybelline Colour Show Nail Lacquer in Clearly Spotted
And as for that contest...
At IMATS, I randomly entered a contest hosted by New Image College of Fine Arts to win tuition money for one of their diploma programs, and I won. $3000 dollars to put towards their Fashion and Film Makeup Diploma, which is a HUGE chunk of money and a load off of my mind. This fall I'll be going to Vancouver to take on 50 weeks/1000 hours of schooling - I'm very excited and super grateful that I have the opportunity to do so.